As some of you already know, on Thursday 6th October 2016 I started my year trip. I am going to visit the five continents during the next twelve months as a backpacker. September 30th was my last day of work and now I am at home with a huge to do list to plan my trip.
Those who asked me if everything was ready the answer is NO. I wanted to do a lot of things but I did not had time.
First big struggle, what should I take for a year trip around the world? I know that the rule is to pack as little as possible and that’s what I’ve tried to do. But you will see that it is not easy.
I am going to leave most of my things behind, not easy.
Here’s my list:
- 70L Backpack – and the idea is to have some free space
- 15L Backpack – for daily use
Accessories – Gear
- Go Pro Hero 4
- SD Cards (a lot)
- Extra Batteries (charge the phone/ Camera/ Laptop)
- Universal power adapter
- Go pro accessories (underwater, selfie stick…)
- 2 sweaters
- 2 shirts
- 5 t-shirts
- 2 pair of jeans (I will get
- 1 pair of shorts
- 6 pairs of socks
- 6 pairs of underwear
- 1 swimsuit (once I get to South east Asia I will buy more and get rid of warm clothes)
- 1 Rain Jacket
- 1 Softshell jacket (I will get rid of this once I get closer to the equator)
- 1 towel
- 1 cotton sleeping bag
- 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 pair of flip-flops
- 1 pair of boots
- 1 Ukelele (thank you to my ex coworkers)
- 1 Bota de vino (Thank you Liceeen Foyoyos)
- Moleskine (Thank you Maria)
- Passport / Photos for visas / Copy of documentation
Medical Kit / Toilet Bag
- 1 Toothbrush / toothpaste
- 1 razor
- Small Shampoo / Shower gel
Can’t wait to start, hope I don’t forget anything important.
Sure I will have to be washing every 2/3 days but it is heavy enough right now. I am starting the trip through Belgium, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, China and Japan: the backpack you need is different to the one once I get to the equator.
Stay tuned for more!
PS: drop me a line if I am forgetting something!